Pages

Sunday, April 3, 2011

Feedback Is Fantastic

Thanks to http://comments4kids.blogspot.com/ and the Twitter hashtag #comments4kids I sent out and /or adding our blog URL to Sue Walter's & team's great site The Edublogger , our Kidsblog site has heard from other teachers! And I thank those two teachers who took the time to drop in and respond to my post and to some of the writings of the children.  I don't know who was more excited - them or me!




One of the two is a teacher from Massachusetts who is in the process of setting up blogs for her class and she's interested in connecting with us as soon as she's finished.  (Can't wait!)

Those comments have done several things for my students.

  • It has opened up their eyes to the very real possibilities for connecting to other classrooms anywhere in the world.  
  • Receiving comments specific to something they wrote has them re-reading and reflecting on their content before replying.
  • The responses included questions that will extend the students' learning in a self-directed endeavour.  They can choose to go look up the volcano suggested in the comment --or not.
  • The feedback has all of the students feeling like 'real' writers - they have an audience that doesn't really have anything to do with school stuff!

So we celebrated our FIRST comments4kids responses!  We have also decided that we will, in this coming week, go far afield and find a class to connect with, to bring smiles to their faces as they log on and see we're there!

Feedback is fantastic!  I would love to get some too!  I know people have visited but I'd love to hear from you, too!

  • Do you have classroom blogs set up?
  • Are you new to blogging like me?
  • How do you include 'new' technologies in your classrooms?
  • Do you have any advice for me?
Looking forward to getting your feedback!

No comments:

Post a Comment